1. Pick a day you have plenty of time, without other things scheduled, to avoid stress.
2. Bring a friend along, but leave the kids at home.
3. Trust your artist’s abilities.
4. Focus on something relaxing, like a favorite vacation spot.
5. Bring something to read or music to listen to for distraction.
6. Take slow, deep breaths to calm your nerves.
7. Suck on hard candies to keep blood-sugar level up.
8. Think about how great your tattoo is going to look when it’s done.
9. Ask your artist for a break any time you need one.
10. Ask questions if you are concerned about anything your artist is doing.